SHAOLIN Da Lohan chuan
Da Lohan boxing
This is an advanced traditional form. The following is the abridged version of the first half of the entire Da Lohan; this is what is commonly taught at Shaolin, as "Da Lohan". The true, entire, original Da Lohan, all 108 steps of it, is not commonly known or taught at Shaolin. I know it, but I have yet to put it all down into writing.
* Stand straight facing 12, bow with right hand in front of chest.
* Step left, look left, hands at horse position.
* Left hand opens, gently moves down, then up, move into left facing gong bu, with right inverted punch to 9, left hand on top of right arm.
* Right hand wraps and grabs, pulls back to horse, as you kick with right leg and then sink into pu bu with left leg straight out to 9, left downward knife hand to 9.
* Move to ma bu as right hand opens, moves to right, face 12, palm up, right hand moves back and out at face level across to left; then left, palm up, over right arm, moves across chest to right, then moves out and back to left, circling horizontally out, to in front of belly, as right palm up hand circles horizontally, first in by belly, then out to 12 again, and then turns palm down in front of chest, as you finally bring feet together.
* Hands come together in a grab, then raise them above head as you twist them together to bring to right side; concurrently, raise left knee.
* Sink down into pu bu, left leg out to 9, as right hand reverts to right horse position, left palm down strikes down towards left foot.
* Move to gong bu facing 9 as you thrust punch with right, left hand reverts to horse position.
* Circle body clockwise to face 6, bringing right punch to block position (horizontal, fist by head, elbow out), left hand at horse stance, left leg behind right, in a high xie bu position.
* Sink into xie bu position, with left punch to 6, right hand returns to horse.
* Right palm up strikes downward towards 4:30 as left hand returns to above right arm.
* Move into ma bu facing 6, looking towards 3, bring right punch above head, left punch straight out to 3.
* Stand up into high xie bu position, right behind left as you knife hand strike to 3, left hand reverts to horse.
* Move into flamingo stance, with right leg bent, as you bring right open knife hand down towards groin, left open hand up by face to block; right side kick to 3.
* Right leg steps down into gong bu facing 3, with left punch to 3, right hand reverts to horse.
* Left punch twists up into left 2 block facing 3, as left leg comes forward to 3, and sweeps up into bent knee flamingo stance, right hand reverts to horse.
* Left hand wraps, grabs, and pulls to horse position, as left leg steps out to gong bu facing 3, with right punch to 3.
* Turn counterclockwise as you swing right arm down and towards 9, arm and fingers straight out to 9, as you’re facing nine in cat stance, right hand comes back to block, left strikes out as knife hand (into xu bu gedang position).
* Drop into low monkey stance facing 12, looking at 9.
* Jump up towards 9, land on left foot, right foot behind knee, right elbow strike downward with left hand slapping right elbow.
* Move into gong bu facing 9, right back fist to 9, with left hand still under right elbow. Then, holding elbow, right fist comes back to body, circles under left arm, and strikes out to 9. Withdraw both to cup and saucer by right side.
* Turn counterclockwise 270 degrees, with left hand blocking, into xie bu chong quan stance, punching to 12, left hand returns to horse.
* Stand up, step right towards 3, right, left, right as you clockwise circle the right, left and right arm, ending up in low praying mantis stance (weight on right foot) facing 3, with right bent arm strike down and left in horse position.
* Left side kick to 9.
* Step with left towards 3, bilateral upward elbow strikes to 3, then right heel kick to 3.
* Step with left in front of right and sink down into sleeping man position, right fist to right side of head, left arm straight down at left side, left leg bent in front of right bent leg. Position is very low, resting on floor if possible.
* Snap up into mabu facing 6 with left punch to 3, right hand at horse.
* Left hand circles down, then step feet together facing 3, both palms then circle up to above head with right leg raising in front of you, step forward towards 3 into gong bu with bilateral punches towards 3.
* Left arm circles counterclockwise towards 9 as you turn, left foot moving back towards 3, right foot moving up towards 9, into mabu, left arm circles around to rest behind you, bent behind back, right comes counterclockwise over head to knife hand strike towards 9.
* Right hand sweeps down clockwise as left foot steps in front of right (close xu bu position), left hand sweeps across to touch right arm.
* Step out with left into xu bu position, left arm knife hand strikes to 9, right circles counterclockwise to palm up position over head.
* Step into mabu facing 12; left hand slowly presses down and then up, right hand presses down to floor and then up, left hand down again as right hand becomes fist and goes straight up over head, as right knee raises up; stomp down, feet together, right fist slamming into left palm up hand, knees bent.
* Left steps out into mabu, both arms circle back low, then sweep up over head to come down, fists first, into thighs.
* Right leg steps toward 9 behind left as right palm up hand sweeps in front of body from right to left.
* Left leg steps toward 9 in front of right as left palm up hand sweeps in front of body from left to right.
* Stop in mabu position, hands at horse. Right back fist to 12.
* Right foot steps behind left into high xie bu position, left hand out in low block towards 12, right palm up strike under left towards 9.
* Stand on right foot, left knee comes up to block, left hand circles down and backward, as right hand returns to horse.
* as left grabs and returns to horse, right foot steps out to 9 into gong bu position, right punches to 9.
* Right circles downward back to left the up over head to end up at horse position, as you step forward onto right, left comes forward towards 9 into bent knee flamingo stance, left arm circles overhead down to rest in front of groin.
* Step left towards 9 with left down into low monkey stance, right arm straight down by right side, left arm bent with hand by head.
* Step right with right towards 3 into gong bu, right elbow strike to 3, left hand holds right arm.
* Step towards 3 with left into gong bu, left knife hand strike to 3, right returns to horse.
* Right instep kick to 3 with right hand slapping top of foot, end in mabu facing 12, with right at horse, left open palm block towards 12.
* Stand up on right, left knee up, left palm block grabs and returns to horse, right punch to 12.
* Step down with left towards 9, right arm circles clockwise down, step towards 9 with right, left arm circles clockwise over head, turn towards 3 stepping with left, arms continue in their circular motions one and a half circles to rest in left gong bu, right leg straight out towards 6, left bent at 12, right arm straight down punch at side, left arm bent up close with punch by head, right shoulder pointing towards 3.
* Twist upper body to right as left arm swings clockwise into straight down position resting near left leg, right arm circles clockwise to bent arm position, punch by head, now in right gong bu position, but with left shoulder pointing to 3.
* Left snap kick to 3.
* Left arm holding right, right sweep towards 3, ending in flamingo with right knee up facing 12, looking at 3, arms held in front of body.
* Right side kick to 3.
* Step into gong bu towards 3, right elbow strike to 3.
* Step towards 3 with left, sweeping left hand as you go, end with left elbow strike to 3.
* Step towards 3 with right, sweeping right hand as you go, end with right elbow strike to 3.
* In gong bu position, right back fist to 3, with left holding right elbow.
* Swing right arm counterclockwise to back fist low towards 3, left becomes open hand block at elbow, while moving into left gong bu, right leg straight towards 3, left leg bent towards 9.
* Keeping right arm punch straight by right straight leg, left hand punches up towards 3, high.
* Swing left arm counterclockwise in front of you, right arm swings straight, counterclockwise over head, as you swing body counterclockwise, and step with right, around into gong bu towards 9 (right leg bent towards 9, left leg straight towards 3), as both arms are completing their circles as punches, when you are in the gong bu stance the right arm should be coming up close to body, the left coming down away from body, then right snap punch up towards 9 high, left arm goes straight by straight left leg, look right as you snap punch towards 9, then withdraw right punch, bent arm, up and close to body, look towards 3.
* Lean towards 9 with both open hands out to grab low; return with right knee up standing on straight left leg, left fist in front of belly, right arm bent up with fist up as block towards 9.
* Step towards 9 with right into low praying mantis stance (left leg bent near floor), right forearm strike low towards 9, left hand at horse.
* Turn 180 degrees clockwise so body faces 12, but looking at 3, in low crouch, with left hand up by face, right hand down by floor. Side kick towards 3 with right foot.
* Stand up, feet together, facing 9, right snap kick with right hand downward slap towards 9.
* Right steps toward 9 to face towards 12, bring left foot up behind right knee, both arms horizontal out towards 3 and 9, hands straight up.
* Left steps out towards 9 into mabu, right arm circles downward and up towards 1030, body towards 1030, right palm down on right elbow crease. Swing both as you turn body towards 130, right arm up towards 3. Then bring right arm bent with fist over head, left arm swings down as fist onto left knee, body facing 12, head facing 9, wheee!.
* Step up, bring arms together low in front of body, bring hands palm up in front of body, circle up and outwards, and down to side. Bow.
Da Lohan Quan
- Written by doc
SHAOLIN Da Lohan chuan